Appendix 2: Resources
- Implementing microservice architecture by Fred George
3rd party tools and services
- mongolab: Fully managed MongoDB-as-a-Service, with first 500MB data for free
- docker: An open platform for distributed applications for developers and sysadmins
- nginx monitoring available with official nginx+ or 3rd party scout
- strider: Open Source Continuous Integration & Deployment Server
- grafana: Graph and dashboard builder for visualizing time series metrics
- beanstalkd: Beanstalk is a simple, fast work queue
- munin: Munin is a networked resource monitoring tool
- guvnor: A node process manager with web interface and security options
- Seneca - seneca is a microservices toolkit for Node.js
- winston: A multi-transport async logging library for node.js
- apidoc: Inline Documentation for RESTful web APIs
Seneca examples and plugins
by Richard Rodger (CTO of nearForm)
- seneca-examples: Node.js seneca module usage examples
- nodezoo: A Search Engine for Node.js Modules
- data-entities: Using multiple databases at the same time for different kinds of entities.
- simple-plugin: Create a simple Seneca plugin, including unit tests.
- api-server: building a REST server with Seneca
- plugin-web: creating plugins that expose web user interfaces
- micro-services: create a small micro-services system
- shopping-cart: A shopping cart example, showing how plugins expose additional HTTP APIs
- seneca-auth: A user authentication plugin, using PassportJS.
- user-accounts: A user account system, showing login/logout logic.
Published by IndieForger